A Guide On Invisalign And Invisible Braces Aftercare
Whether you just started your orthodontic treatment with invisible braces or Invisalign, you need to care for your teeth and heed to your orthodontic treatment. Using Invisalign means that you would be wearing your removable clear plastic aligners for a while. You will switch out your aligners to a new set every two weeks. Since Invisalign London is removable, you would have to pay special attention to your teeth and aligners to keep them clean and also have a successful treatment.
On the other hand, clear and invisible braces are similar to traditional metal braces, but they are made with transparent or white plastic instead of metal brackets and wires.
Most people prefer these two types of orthodontic treatments because people will not easily notice the orthodontic device, but when you do not care for them properly, they become stained, making them more visible and this beats the purpose of discreetly straightening your teeth. This article our article of the week and we describe the best tips for caring for Invisalign aligners.
Tips For Caring For Invisalign aligners
During your Invisalign treatment, you should keep your aligner clean to prevent discoloration, stains, the build-up of plaques and tartar. Follow these steps below to keep your aligners clean.
- Use Invisalign crystal to soak your aligners. Please do not use any harsh chemicals because it would damage the aligners.
- Brush your teeth after every meal or drink, before you go to bed and when you wake you every morning. When you brush before putting your aligners in your mouth, you prevent discoloration and build-up of bacteria.
- Rinse your aligners whenever you remove them from your mouth to prevent staining.
- While brushing your aligners, do it gently with a clear anti-bacterial liquid.
- Keep your aligners in their case whenever you take them out to clean your mouth, eat or drink anything thing asides from water.
- Do not use either mouthwash or toothpaste to clean your aligners because they will damage the aligners.
- Do not take colored beverages such as coffee, cola, and wine when you have your aligners in your mouth.
Tip For Caring For Invisible Braces
Unlike Invisalign braces, Invisible braces are fixed to the teeth throughout your treatment so you cannot take them out to clean like Invisalign. The nature of invisible braces makes it more important to practice good oral hygiene and care for the braces as well.
To keep your invisible braces clean, do the following.
- Use fluoride toothpaste to clean parts of your mouth that toothbrush cannot reach
- Get interdental brushes to clean behind the wire of your braces
Do not do the following if you want to keep your invisible braces clean
- Eat hard-boiled sweets. These types of sweet can cause the braces wire to snap.
- Eat or take drinks that will stain your clear braces. Food and beverages to avoid include tomato-based meals, coffee, red wine, and curry.
For more information on how to keep your aligners and invisible braces clean, contact our trusted dental clinic at 020 37457520. You can also call us to book an appointment for your Invisalign treatment.